Happy International Nurses Day.
2020 was declared as “Year of the Nurse and Midwife” by World Health Organisation to commemorate the bicentenary of Florence Nightingale. She was the founder of modern nursing, her contributions as a nurse were path breaking and a great foundation for the generations to come.
It definitely is a destining coincidence that the entire nursing fraternity rose to such commendable service in 2020. There are numerous occasions when one of us broke down in front of the television watching the health heroes who lost their lives battling COVID-19.
Remembering and taking a moment of silence for all the nurses and medical heroes 🙏. May their souls rest in peace and their families find solace in their fond memories.
Offers for NHS Staff UK
Many organisations have come up in different ways to help health heroes and here are few..
- All supermarkets ASDA, Tesco, Sainsbury, Aldi and the likes are offering special trading hours for NHS staff
- Mindful chef is offering 30% off on their food boxes and ready meal deliveries
- EE is offering free unlimited data plans until 9th of October
- AA is offering free break down cover
- AirBNB offering free stay for all NHS staff, living more than 30 minutes away from their workplace
- Just Park offering free parking spaces
NHS staff are going through the busiest times of their lives. And might not be in a place to check out all the offers they can avail. We recommend a friend or family member to check this out and pass it on to them.
A tiny bit of opportunity to help a health hero is no less than a blessing now!