World population this minute as I write is 7,782,010,996 – 7.8 billion approximately, imagine what happens if all of us act towards this, take baby steps towards saving mother nature…. so we came up with a Beginner’s Guide to Eco-Friendly Living
What are the areas to focus on ?
Plastic and other materials – refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle
Resources – Water and Energy
Internet and data usage
Use alternative resources – solar energy, rain water
Making an eco friendly statement?
- It’s recorded that approximately 5 billion tooth brushes go into landfill every year around the world, a tried and tested alternative to plastic brushes are bamboo brushes.
- DIY tooth powders – avoiding all the packaging/recycling/landfill involved
- Conserve water in all your activities, turn off the tap in between brushing, hand wash and much more, repeat this with the kids as much as you can..
- Reduce toilet paper, create alternative practices, same goes with kitchen tissues
- Turn your lights and appliances off when not in use
- Use cold water options in the washing machine saves the energy used for heating the water
- Choose low temperatures and eco settings in your dishwasher
- Ditch the tumble dryer as much as you can, gives your clothes long life as well
- Tap into the solar energy, solar panels are not the only way, take small steps like using motion sensor outdoor solar lights
- Go paperless for all bills and banks statements also marketing
- Watch your data usage in an attempt to reduce the carbon emissions from data centres
- Fast foods, restaurants, takeaways – wastage and packaging in this process
More thoughts Continued here
Also refer my take on making green choices https://kkosmos.com/2020/05/09/20-everyday-green-choices/